Thus, we prepare an environment from which children can choose stimulating and challenging materials and activities. We seek to extend their learning by stimulating curiosity and encouraging them to work out problems on their own. The classroom experiences offered to children are crafted by educated and experienced teachers in order to leverage what the children are naturally showing interest in into opportunities for growth cognitively, socially, and emotionally.
We respect each child's special interests, abilities, pace and style and encourage them to respect each other. Learning for the pre-schooler begins with achieving self-awareness and assurance and developing social maturity, communication skills, and physical coordination. We encourage development of these skills in a caring and supportive environment. Even daily care routines such as snack and meal time, toileting, and rest time are all intentionally practiced such that children feel a sense of independence and confidence.
Older Toddlers (approximately 2 to 3 years of age)
- Group size - 10 to 12 toddlers grouped by similar age
- Staffing – 3 full time and 1 part-time staff dedicated to the same group of 12 children.
- Ratios – At least 1 adult or more to every 4 children during the day when all children are present.
- Beginning and end of day ratios – minimum 1 adult to every 6 children
Younger and Older Preschool classrooms (the two years before age eligible for Kindergarten)
- Group size – 18 preschoolers grouped by similar ages (3’s or 4’s)
- Staffing – 3 full time and 1 part-time staff dedicated to the same group of 18 children.
- Ratios – A minimum of 1 adult to every 6 children when the majority of children are present.
- Beginning and end of day ratios – minimum 1 adult to 9 children
Typical Daily Preschool Schedule
- 8:00 – 9:30 – Arrival and Free Choice
- 9:30 – Morning Snack
- 9:45 – 10:45 – Free Choice/Classroom Experiences/ Specials (Music, Art, Gym Time)
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Story/Group Time
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Coats on Transition to Outside
- 11:15 – 12:00 – Outside Play
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch/Toileting
- 1:00 – 3:00 – Nap/Rest/Quiet Table Activities
- 3:00 – 3:30 – Waking Up/Toileting
- 3:30 – Afternoon Snack
- 4:00 – 5:00 – Free choice/Classroom Experiences/Specials
- 5:00 – 5:45 – Outside Play
- 5:45 – 6:00 – End of Day Wrap-up/Get ready to go home