In order to maintain the consistently high level of UNOW’s quality program, a policy is established to strengthen the operating financial integrity of the school. Our tuition continues to provide enrichment programs, nutritious food and quality staff. Rates are reviewed annually to support our high quality program while maintaining minimal increases.
- Tuition is calculated based on the full amount of an Academic, Extended Academic or Full Year period and then equally divided into 10, 11 or 12 equal monthly payments. Days of attendance are based on the UNOW Board Approved Calendar Year and days closed in accordance with our emergency closing policies.
- Withdrawing enrollment from UNOW prior to the end of the Contract Term.
- The withdrawing family must continue to pay the tuition until the opening is filled.
- Families are required to provide a written notice to the Director at least 30 days prior to the last day of expected disenrollment.
- Families providing at least a 30 day written notice may use their deposit toward the last month of tuition.
- Families who do not provide at least 30 days written notice will lose their deposit.
- Authorized Payment Plans
- Authorized payment plans may be arranged in writing with the Director under unusual circumstances and at the Director’s discretion.
- Once it is arranged, it must be adhered to. Please contact the Director immediately if you are unable to adhere to the payment plan.
- If you are unable to adhere to the payment plan and payment has lapsed after one month, your child(ren) will be withdrawn from UNOW.
- The Director will send a letter with your child(ren)’s last day and the expectation for payment of the full amount due.
- UNOW has the right to compel a child’s withdrawal from the school if tuition payment has been consecutively delinquent for 2 months.
Additional Fees and Payment Terms
- Within 1 week of notification of acceptance into UNOW, a non-refundable deposit of $1,500 per child is due. The deposit will be applied to your child’s last month of attendance at UNOW. Families who sign their contract and pay the deposit and then later withdraw prior to the start of the program will lose their deposit. Deposits are rolled over each year until the child leaves the program.
- Tuition is due the 1st of every month. Any outstanding balance at the 8th of the month will incur a non-refundable $25 late fee.
- A one-time insurance fee will be added onto each September’s Tuition
- A one-time $100 enrollment fee will be due with the first month’s tuition for newly enrolled children only.
Late Pick-up Fee Policy
Parents who leave their child(ren) at UNOW past 6:00 pm will be charged a fine as follows:
$ 5.00 for the first 5 minutes or any fraction thereof
$ 5.00 for each additional 5 minutes or fraction thereof
The fine will continue until the child is picked up. The staff members on duty with your child will verify the time with you when you arrive so that there will be no misunderstandings about the amount of the fine. If the fine is not paid it will be deducted from a tuition payment of deposit. Fines will be imposed regardless of the reason for delay.
It is important that parents call in advance if they know they will not be at the school on time. The office number is (609) 258-9600. We are required to notify DCF when child remains more than an hour late and we have not been able to contact other people authorized to take the child.
Fines are intended to deter late pick up. Please note that frequent late pick-ups can be cause for terminating a child’s enrollment. It is important to be respectful of staff’s time as their day ends at 6:00 and they have family to get home to as well. The director will remind families after 3 late pick-ups that they are jeopardizing their child’s enrollment status.